Paprika 2 was originally released over ten years ago and is no longer being developed or supported and is not compatible with iOS 16. If you have upgraded your device to iOS 16 you will also need to upgrade to Paprika 3 in order to maintain compatibility with iOS.
To transfer your data between Paprika 2 and Paprika 3, follow the steps below depending on your specific situation.
If you already have a Paprika account set up in Paprika 2:
If you've previously signed up for a Paprika account then your recipes will be synced to your account. All you need to do is sign into the same Paprika account inside Paprika 3 (under Settings -> Cloud Sync) and your recipes will be synced to Paprika 3.
If you already have Paprika installed on another device such as your computer, or another phone or tablet:
In that case you probably already have a Paprika account configured to sync the two devices together and can also just sign into the same account in Paprika 3. But if not, then sign up for a Paprika account on your other device and then login to the same account in Paprika 3 on your current device.
If you have an existing copy of your recipes exported to the Paprika recipe format:
You can import these files in Paprika 3 under Settings -> Import Recipes.
If you have an existing manual backup file of your data in the Paprika 2 backup format:
This format was discontinued in Paprika 3, however if you send us a copy of your backup file we can convert it into a format that Paprika 3 can import.
If you have been using Paprika 2 without a Paprika account and don't have any exports or backups of your data:
In this case you will need to retrieve your recipe data directly from your device.
- First, close the app and make sure it is not running. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330)
- Go to iOS Settings -> Paprika and enable the option "Make Backup on Next Launch".
- Re-launch the app. It should take an automated backup before it closes.
- If a backup is successfully taken, you will need to retrieve it by connecting your phone to your computer and using iTunes or Finder to access the file. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301).
- Open a support request and send the backup file to us. If the file is less than 5MB it can be attached directly to the request. Otherwise, please let us know and we will send you a separate upload link.