These steps were written for MasterCook 11.
1) Open MasterCook;
2) Open Cookbooks (an array of recipe books in the program appears);
3) Click on the cookbook you want to export the contents of (a list of
recipes in the book appears);
4) Click File and then Export and Mail;
5) In the Text Options box, click to select MC 5+ format (MX2) (or other
6) Select Multiple Files (or Single File to export one file);
7) Click Export (a progress screen shows X of Y recipes exported).
8) The program exported all of the individual .MX2 files to the a
MasterCook folder called My Collection which is the same folder all of the
cookbook files are stored in. I wanted to keep them separated by cookbook
so made new export folders corresponding to my cookbooks (such as
GeneralExportMX2) and dragged individual files from each cookbook into the