There are several options for sharing recipes between Paprika users, depending on whether you want to simply share individual recipes, or whether you want to keep your devices synced together.
Sharing a Paprika account
If you are part of the same household and want to keep your recipes, grocery lists, meal planner, and other data synced between your devices, we recommend simply sharing a Paprika account. Each person will need to purchase and install the relevant version(s) of Paprika on their devices. Then one person creates a Paprika account, and the other person logs into that same account on their devices.
(Your Paprika account is separate from your Apple ID or Google Play Store account, so you can purchase the app from the App Store or Play Store using a different email addresses than one you use inside Paprika.)
If you are not part of the same household, you will likely want to keep your grocery list and meal planner separate. In that case, we recommend using the below options to share recipes with other users.
Sharing individual recipe files
Individual recipe files can be sent to other users via email, AirDrop, or other messaging apps. All of these options are accessed from the Actions (3-dot) button in the toolbar of the recipe screen.
1. Email - Press Actions (3-dot) -> Email. Each email sent from Paprika includes a .paprikarecipes attachment that other Paprika users can tap on to automatically import those recipes into their copy of Paprika.
2. AirDrop (iOS/Mac only) - Press Actions (3-dot) -> Share... -> Paprika File. Select AirDrop from the sharing dialog. You can AirDrop one or more recipes to other users if they have the iOS or Mac version of Paprika.
3. Other messaging apps (Messages, WhatsApp, etc.) - Press Actions (3-dot) -> Share... -> Paprika File. Select the desired messaging app from the sharing dialog. Please note that Messages will only work if both you and the recipient are on iOS/Mac, you can't send files to Android users via Messages and will have to use an alternative like WhatsApp instead.
Sharing multiple recipes
Multiple recipes can be sent in a single .paprikarecipes file using one of two options:
1. Export - Accessed via Paprika's Settings -> Export Recipes. From here you can export all of your recipes to the Paprika Recipe Format and send the resulting file to another user (using whatever method you'd like) for them to import.
2. Selected recipes - From the main recipes list, select the desired recipes. On iOS, press the Edit button to bring up the selection checkboxes. On Android, tap and hold a specific row to enter selection mode. Once the desired recipes are selected, press Actions (3-dot) -> Share... -> Paprika File.