In some situations where you do not have any other backups (e.g. via Paprika Cloud Sync or a manually created backup), the only way to retrieve and restore your recipe database will be to extract it from a previously made iTunes backup. The process for doing so under Windows is explained here:
1. If you do not have an iTunes backup of your iPad/iPhone, you will need to create one. (If you are trying to extract your data from a previously created backup, skip this step.) To create an iTunes backup of your iPad/iPhone, plug your device in, go to iTunes, select it under DEVICES, right-click, and select Back Up.)
3. Run iPhone Backup Extractor,and press the Read Backups button.
4. Choose the device that you want to extract the backup from.
5. Find the Paprika data directory. On the iPhone, it will be located under: com.hindsightlabs.paprika.iphone. On the iPad, it will be called: com.hindsightlabs.paprika.app.
6. Once you have selected the correct data directory, press Extract. Save the extracted backup folder somewhere convenient.
7. Compress the extracted backup folder, and send it to Paprika technical support.