Note: Please consult our Mac App Store listing for the most recent changelog.
• Fixed a few memory leaks and problems with syncing photos.
In the previous version of Paprika, when you downloaded a recipe or added a photo from the photo library, Paprika would save a link to the original photo and allow you to tap on the thumbnail to load the photo. We have added this back into version 3. (Note that these photos are not saved in Paprika to save space.)
• Added back the setting for the name of the Calendar that meals get exported to.
• The ingredient scaler and grocery list will now process decimal numbers according to your locale.
• Fixed sorting of recipes by cook time or prep time in the recipe column view.
• Fixed sorting of recipes by Most Recent or Top Rated when you also have a column sort set.
• Fixed detection of times in certain languages such as German.
• Fixed several issues with scaling and converting ingredients.
• Fixed recipe difficulty not getting translated properly in certain languages.
• Fixed the sort order of meals that were originally created in version 2 and synced over.
• Fixed many other potential crashes to improve the stability of the app.
• Stability improvements.
• The previous release was incorrectly marked as compatible with macOS 10.11, however Paprika 3 requires macOS 10.12. This update corrects the minimum system version requirement.
• Fixed an issue with scaling metric measurements.
• Fixed a few crashes.
• Add multiple, full-sized photos to each recipe. Embed photos in your directions.
• Insert links to other recipes or websites in your ingredients or directions.
• Format recipes using bold and italics.
• Convert ingredient measurements between standard and metric.
• Search for recipes across multiple categories.
• Add custom aisles to your grocery list and re-arrange them in your preferred order.
• Create multiple grocery lists.
• Add custom ingredients to the pantry. Track quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates.
• Move items back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
• Add custom meal types to the meal planner.
• Create reusable menus that span multiple days.
Hi folks. I am pleased to announce a major upgrade to Paprika’s web browser that we have been working on for quite some time. To make it easier to save recipes from your favorite sites, we have built a natural language processing engine into Paprika that can automatically recognize any recipe written in plain English on any website.
This means that you no longer have to request support for specific sites to be added to Paprika, nor will you need to resort to Paprika’s clipboard tools to copy and paste the recipe from the browser when you encounter an unsupported site. Just press Save Recipe and Paprika will figure out the rest.
• Fixed an issue with timers not counting down correctly while the computer is asleep.
• Correctly refresh the recipe view when editing prep time, cook time, and difficulty.
• Added a few more keyboard shortcuts.
• Improved text selection when using the browser clipboard tools.
• Fixed missing scroll bars in the recipe screen.
• Fixed missing buttons in fullscreen mode under Yosemite.
• Fixed a minor issue where the window height grows slightly each time the app is launched.
• Fixed a bug where popovers would get stuck in the browser.
• Fixed a few minor issues with the YummySoup and SousChef importers.
• Fixed a crash when syncing meals.
• Fixed encoding issues with HTML exports.
• Added support for OS X Yosemite.
• Added a SpringPad JSON importer.
• Added support for scaling recipes by arbitrary percentages.
• Added support for the en dash when scaling recipes with a quantity range.
• Added print options for a larger photo, and two-column layout.
• Added support for duplicating recipes.
• Added support for directly exporting a single recipe.
• Added a confirmation if you try to close the app while in the middle of editing a recipe.
• When copying images in the browser, they are now also copied to the clipboard so they can be directly pasted into an existing recipe.
• Added support for users with multiple keychains when storing Paprika Cloud Sync credentials.
• Changed wording of the confirmation button when you cancel a recipe edit to something less scary.
• Removed the Request Site button in the browser, these are now recorded automatically.
• Made the ingredients text box resizable when editing a recipe.
• Correctly update a timer's name after it has been changed.
• Fixed a bug related to re-saving recipe photos unnecessarily.
• Fixed a crash by disabling the ability to print a recipe you are in the middle of editing.
• Fixed a bug where ctrl-click was not bringing up the context menu.
• Fixed a bug related to the sorting of recipes when in the detailed list mode.
• Fixed a few bugs related to the thumbnailing of photos.
• Fixed the ability to login to various websites using Facebook/Twitter/Google+.
• Fixed importing of .paprikarecipe files.
• Made a few tweaks to the MMF importer.
• Correctly store the meal planner's export calendar name setting.
• Made it easier to drag a subcategory out of its parent category to the top level.
• Fixed print behavior when viewing a recipe through the meal planner.
• Fixed problems with editing recipes viewed through the meal planner.
• Tweaked grocery list printing to reduce space between items.
• Restored ability to drag-and-drop images from the browser into the clipboard tools.
• Fixed serving size when printing/emailing/exporting recipes if the recipe is scaled.
• Fixed a bug that caused the meal planner to show up blank.
• Fixed a bug with ingredient scaling.
• Fixed a few crashes.
This release brings the Mac version up to date with the iPad and iPhone versions. Thanks for all of your patience and support!
• Paprika Cloud Sync has been greatly improved. It will now push changes in real-time between your devices, and sends only the changes made since your last sync.
• Fullscreen support has been added.
• Subcategory support has been added. You can now drag-and-drop categories into and out of subcategories.
• You can now sort any category by Top Rated or Most Recent.
• You can now tap ingredients to cross them off as you use them, and highlight the current paragraph of your recipe directions to help keep your place.
• To make it easier to cook multiple recipes at the same time, you can now pin active recipes to easily switch between them.
• Timer support has been added. Timers are automatically detected in your directions, simply tap on one to start a new timer.
• Recipe printing has been improved. You can now customize: print sizes (full page, 4x6 index cards, 3x5 index cards), print margins, font size, and disable the photo.
• If your recipe was clipped from a website, and it has an image, you can now tap the image in order to zoom in on a larger version of it.
• The address bar and search bar have been combined into one unified bar.
• We have redesigned the clipboard tools to make them easier to work with. You can expand and contract them to view the recipe you are currently clipping.
• When you import a recipe from a website, the recipe is now copied to the clipboard tools, to allow you to make adjustments before you fully save the recipe.
• You can now export your grocery list to Reminders.
• The pantry is a new subsection of the grocery list. You can record common ingredients that you already have at home: salt, sugar, flour, etc. Pantry items are automatically unchecked when you add a recipe to your grocery list.
• The meal planner has been redesigned with two new views: a monthly view and a weekly view.
• You can now add recipes to the meal planner by dragging them in from the recipes sidebar.
• Meals can now be copied or moved between days of the week via drag-and-drop.
• You can now export your meal plans to iCal.
• Menus are a new subsection of the meal planner. You can take your favorite meals and create reusable menus from them, to be saved for later use.
• You can now import MasterCook (mz2) files, and Living Cookbook (fdx/fdxz) files.
• Fixed problem with links on certain sites not loading properly (e.g. Pinterest).
• Fixed loading indicator in browser.
• Fixed a few crashes.
• Added support for Retina display.
• Improved Mountain Lion support.
• Twitter & Facebook integration (Mountain Lion only).
• Miscellaneous bug & crash fixes.
• Fixed bug where emails would sometimes get cut off.
• Fixed bug where recipe scaling sometimes would not update.
• Added better crash reporting.
• Fixed bug with tiny image resizing in browser.
• Improved accessibility.
• Improved localizations.
• Fixed crash when opening recipes from the meal planner.
• Added support for importing from MasterCook (.mxp), SousChef (.vrc), and MealMaster (.mmf).
• Fixed issues exporting multiple recipes with the same name to HTML.
• Added support for Sandbox mode.
• We now use your default mail client when sending email.
• Added an alternate recipe listing that shows more data at once.
• New Top Rated category sorts your recipes by star rating.
• You can now remove a recipe's existing photo.
• Added a Clear Purchased option to the grocery list.
• You can now customize the start day of the week for your meal plans.
• Added shortcut buttons to move back and forth between weeks in the meal planner.
• Added our Supported Sites page as the default bookmark in the browser.
• Bookmarks will now sync via Paprika Cloud Sync.
• You can now export your entire recipe collection to HTML.
• Made sure that VoiceOver works properly throughout the entire app.
• We have added translations for the following languages: Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish.
• Fixed problems some users were having when upgrading from earlier versions of the app.
• The ingredient scaling and grocery list now correctly understand fraction characters.
• Fixed a problem restoring from a previous backup.
• Added support for the following languages: French, Spanish, and German.
• You can now turn off grocery list consolidation and aisles in the settings pane.
• Fixed problems with missing ingredients when adding recipes to the grocery list.
• Fixed import of MasterCook MX2 files.
• Fixed issue with alphabetically sorting categories.
Grocery List Improvements
• The grocery list now consolidates similar ingredients (so '1 egg' and '2 eggs' will be added together and displayed as '3 eggs').
• The grocery list now displays items sorted by grocery store aisle instead of by the recipe name (so milk shows up under Dairy and carrots show up under Produce).
• When adding recipes to the grocery list, you can now select/deselect individual ingredients to add (instead of always adding the entire recipe).
• You can also now add the same recipe to the grocery list more than once.
• Fixed an issue with selecting certain dates in the meal planner.
• Fixed an issue when adding new categories with blank names.
• Fixed a potential corruption problem when emailing recipe attachments.
• Added significant performance enhancements for users with databases containing over 20,000 recipes.
• Improved the performance of the app while running Paprika Cloud Sync.
• Improved the print and email formatting of recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans.
• You can now update recipe photos via drag and drop onto the image well when editing a recipe.
• Added ability to select multiple recipes to delete.
• Additional import fixes.
• Fixed bug where recipe fields weren't updating when clicking from meal planner.
• Added support for importing from Yum XML.
• Fixed import of blank categories.
• Fixed category importing from YummySoup!, MacGourmet, and MasterCook.
• Fixed text cutoff issues in recipe screen.
• Fixed case insensitive recipe name sorting.
• Fixed drag and drop of recipe images in edit recipe screen.
• Fixed issue adding meals to last day of week from recipe screen.
• Making notes and nutritional info text views multi-line editable.
• Window properly remembers last position.
• Correctly dismiss tooltips when switching windows.
• Shiny new icon.
• Initial release.