If you have a very old version of Paprika installed on your device but have recently upgraded to iOS 16 and the app will no longer start, follow the steps below to manually export a backup of your recipes that can be transferred to Paprika 3:
1. Go to iOS Settings -> General -> iPhone/iPad Storage -> Paprika.
2. Confirm the version number listed begins with 1 or 2 (for example: 2.2.1).
3. Press Offload App.
4. On the same screen, press Reinstall App. (Do not switch the App Store. You will be able to reinstall directly from the same screen, bypassing the App Store.)
Warning: Do not simply delete the app from your phone! You need to offload it using these specific steps above. The difference between deleting and offloading is that deleting an app also deletes the app's data, whereas offloading preserves the app's data. You want to offload, not delete.
Note: If you don't see the Offload App button, make sure you are at the right settings screen. Settings -> General -> iPhone/iPad Storage -> Paprika is not the same screen as Settings -> Paprika. You'll know you're at the right screen if it shows the App Size and Documents & Data size as in the above screenshot. If you are at this screen and still don't see the Offload App button, go to iOS Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps and set it to Allow.
5. Go to iOS Settings -> Paprika and enable the option "Make Backup on Next Launch".
6. Re-launch the app, it will take an automated backup during the loading process.
7. If a backup is successfully taken, you will need to retrieve it by connecting your phone to your computer and using iTunes or Finder to access the file. (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301).
8. Open a support request and send the backup file to us. If the file is less than 5MB it can be attached directly to the request. Otherwise, please let us know and we will send you a separate upload link.